My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Registry Freebies


Finally I have a bit of time to update. As I mentioned last week, I LOVE free stuff. But really, who doesn't? I spent quite a bit of effort getting these freebies from Williams-Sonoma gift registry, but it was worth it!

First I received a pair of Wusthof kitchen scissors. They are great! Super sharp and comfortable to hold. They are so sharp I don't even want to use them because I don't want them to dull haha.

Next I received a Le Creuset mini cast iron baking pot... worthless but cute! It's about the size of a creme brulee.. which I will never be able to make!
I also get a set of 3 All-Clad stainless steel measuring cups in odd sizes. Also a bit worthless, but they are heavy and nice if I need 2/3, 3/4, or 1 1/2 cups of something.

I can't decide which of the next two are my favorite: A Calphalon non-stick skillet, or a Shun paring knife.

The Calphalon non-stick is AMAZING. It makes me WANT to cook! (Truly amazing!) The skillet is small, 8", but by them sending it to me free, I really want to purchase the rest of the set. It's that good! Excellent marketing I think. Sending out something free makes me think the company really believes in their product.

Lastly I got a Shun 3.5" paring knife. I have never heard of this brand before, probably because they are so expensive, but the knife is incredible. It was crafted in the way Japanese swords are, folded to an extreme point. It is super sharp! I have never diced so much in my life! They sent it in a very nicely packaged box, complete with care instructions. I would also LOVE to complete this set.



So, if you are getting married, I recommend a Williams-Sonoma registry! Its easy, fun, and full of Freebies!! Hmm I wonder if I could blog for them and get more free stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment