My Etsy Shop

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Taco Soup Recipe

One of my dearest friends passed away a year ago. This was a recipe she shared with me, cooked for me, and I for her. I make it all the time, and it always reminds me of her. I might as well re-name it Veronica Soup:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can great northern beans
1 can corn (I don't like corn, so I don't put any :-p )
1 can rotel
1 pack of taco seasoning
1 medium onion
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
1 cup water
salt & pepper to taste

Chop the onion. Drain and rinse all the beans and corn. Add rinsed beans, corn, rotel, seasoning, onion, water, and spices to a large pot on med-high heat. Brown the beef and drain. Add the beef to the pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.

Simple, quick, and inexpensive. Perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment